At VAGO we are more than ‘just auditors’. We contribute to business improvements and strategic activities, attend forums and engage in deep complex thinking and project‐based assurance, review and accountability work. Our organisation is filled with people who love what they do, enact change and uphold our values. We are a workforce of highly motivated, purpose-driven and collaborative people, who encourage innovation and knowledge sharing.
The way we conduct audits is evolving. We are analysing information in new ways and modernising our audit methods. We are leveraging data-driven approaches, implementing a new software toolset and increasing accessibility to our work.
At VAGO you will have the opportunity to deliver effective work using our structured audit processes and negotiate, influence and consult with senior executives throughout the public sector while remaining independent from government.
With our cutting-edge Better Normal Principles, you can work where you want, when you want. Working away from our office is everyone’s default entitlement at VAGO, regardless of tenure. You can work flexibly from home or any other location and we provide best practice compliant workstations at both your home and our office locations.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including:
- competitive remuneration, an annual mobility allowance, leave loading, flexible working arrangements, and accrual of flexitime dependant on your role
- unique, progressive and people-focussed culture
- tailored learning and development opportunities, including technical skills training and study support
- challenging and impactful work that helps ensure government integrity
- advanced audit methodology software
- an employee assistance program
- a vibrant Social Club, which runs activities throughout the year—many of which support charities nominated by our staff
Should you choose to come into the office, we have an energy-efficient office in a city centre location with great views, activity-based working zones, secure bike storage, change rooms, lockers and easy access to transport and parking.
We are committed to providing our staff with a realistic work–life balance. We offer many flexible work arrangements and generous leave options, including 16 weeks paid primary parental leave, volunteer leave and leave to pursue community service activities.
We strive to build and maintain an inclusive workplace that brings out the best in our people. We encourage and celebrate our diversity, and actively support work life balance and flexibility across all our roles.