Lessons from the past—challenges for the future
Since 2008, we have analysed our audit reports to identify recurring findings and examples of good practice. The most common and significant findings become our key audit themes for that year. These themes are broadly relevant to most agencies in the Victorian public sector, and we encourage public sector agencies to self-assess their performance, governance, systems and operations against the common challenges we have identified:
- Management can use them to guide their work, as a checklist of things to address when developing and implementing programs and projects.
- Boards and audit committees can seek assurance from management that the risks identified by the themes are being managed, and controls are in place.
- Internal auditors can use the themes to inform their own annual program of audits.
This year’s key audit themes were published in our Annual Report 2015–16.
Our key audit themes since 2008
- Key themes from audits 2015–16
- Key themes from audits 2014–15
- Key themes from audits 2013–14
- Key themes from audits 2006–12
- Key themes from audits 2011–12
- Key themes from audits 2010–11
- Key themes from audits 2009–10
- Key themes from audits 2008–09